The FDC National Executive Committee (NEC) sitting that took place today, Friday February 9th 2024 at the party headquarters in Najjanankumbi, adopted a motion paying tribute to the late Hon. Cecilia Atim BarbrahOgwal, the former Dokolo District Woman MP.
The party commended her for the role she played in the restoration of multi-party democracy in Uganda and her outstanding contributions to FDC. It was resolved that her portrait hung on the wall of fame in her memory.
Additionally, the party NEC resolved to fully participate in the Dokolo Woman MP By-election to defend the FDC’s liberated territory. Soon, the party Electoral Commission will unveil their candidate who will carry their flag in this by-election.
During the same NEC sitting, new FDC NEC members were sworn in as they prepare for their duties.
The swearing in was led by the FDC Deputy President Eastern, Margaret Wokuri in the positions which were created and adopted by the 17th National Council meeting which sat on December 15, 2023, under Article 21(4) of the FDC constitution. This Article states that, “Deputy Secretaries shall be proposed by the President and approved by the National Council.”
The following members were sworn in, with the oath administered by Hon. Counsel Yusuf Nsibambi;
- Mr. David Kakama – Deputy Secretary for Presidency
- Mr. Mulindwa Walid Lubega – Deputy Secretary for Publicity – Publications and Documentation.
- Ms. Ritah Ayodah – Deputy Secretary for Environment and Natural Resources
- Mr. Alfred Chemonges – Deputy Secretary for Elders
- Mr. Kaliija James Kats – Deputy Secretary for Programs and Project Development
- Mr. Vincent Opito – Deputy Secretary for Agriculture.
These positions were created to reinforce and fortify the party leadership, aiming to harness the potential of our members.